On Friday, 21 July 2017 at 21:55:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I'll have a short presentation on a weird trick I discovered while writing some MySQL serialization code. Hope you can attend!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/d-lang-presentation-strawman-structs-tickets-35120523431

I've set up a live stream for this. No guarantees of the quality, it will be audio + slideshow.

Waiting for people to arrive, so probably won't start until at least 6:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxzczSDaobw

-Steve

Great talk! It seems great mids think alike, I will be using this to implement OpenCL's horrible getInfo.
https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/blob/master/source/dcompute/driver/ocl120/util.d#L36
https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/blob/master/source/dcompute/driver/ocl120/device.d#L67

Regarding the inferred attribute problem with the concepts like Straw-man usage, this should not be a problem with my attributes DIP, since all special attributes become normal attributes and you could just have an AliasSeq of the required values.

  • Boston D Meetup: Str... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Boston D Me... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Boston D Me... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Boston ... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Bos... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Boston ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Boston D Me... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce