On Wednesday, 23 August 2017 at 17:44:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 13:12:04 Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d- announce wrote:
[...]

I confess that I tend to think of betterC as a waste of time. Clearly, there are folks who find it useful, but it loses so much that I see no point in using it for anything unless I have no choice. As long as attempts to improve it don't negatively impact normal D, then I don't really care what happens with it, but it's clearly not for me.

And it _is_ possible to use full-featured D from C/C++ when D does not control main. It's just more of a pain.

- Jonathan M Davis

Totally agree with this.