On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 16:53:40 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 07:47:53 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Apart from removing the old vibe-d:diet package in favor of diet-ng, this release most notably contains a number of performance improvements in the HTTP server, as well as improvements and fixes in the WebSocket code. Furthermore, initial OpenSSL 1.1.x support has been added and a few @safe related issues introduced in 0.8.0 have been fixed.

Change log:
https://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.8.1

DUB package:
https://code.dlang.org/packages/vibe-d/0.8.1

Debian packages are on their way too :-) (pending approval from our archive masters). Granted, this is most useful for Vibe.d-using software that wants to be in Debian.

Now, the only thing I am missing in Vibe is a good interface to PostgreSQL, because in some circumstances MongoDB is just a very bad choice. (Postgres even outperforms it in my testcase, and PG supports JSON/BSON as well now).
DPQ2[1] looks very promising though :-)

Thank you for making Vibe.d!

[1]: https://github.com/denizzzka/dpq2

Even with mysql (using mysql-native), the absent of something like

struct User {
@optional int userName; //its ok if row doesn't have this column
    @as("phone_number") string phoneNumber;
}

User[] users;
foreach(row; ...)
{
    users ~= row.toStruct!User;
}

MongoDB has facilities for these stuff automatically thats why using it seem convenient and speeds up stuff. Mysql-lited does this thing but the package does allow much control nor give much query info like mysql-native.

I've heard good news about postgresql however, its driver could still benefit from this kind of abstraction using CTFE and UDAs.