On Thursday, 31 August 2017 at 11:56:53 UTC, aberba wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 16:53:40 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 07:47:53 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Apart from removing the old vibe-d:diet package in favor of diet-ng, this release most notably contains a number of performance improvements in the HTTP server, as well as improvements and fixes in the WebSocket code. Furthermore, initial OpenSSL 1.1.x support has been added and a few @safe related issues introduced in 0.8.0 have been fixed.

Change log:

DUB package:

Debian packages are on their way too :-) (pending approval from our archive masters). Granted, this is most useful for Vibe.d-using software that wants to be in Debian.

Now, the only thing I am missing in Vibe is a good interface to PostgreSQL, because in some circumstances MongoDB is just a very bad choice. (Postgres even outperforms it in my testcase, and PG supports JSON/BSON as well now).
DPQ2[1] looks very promising though :-)

Thank you for making Vibe.d!

[1]: https://github.com/denizzzka/dpq2

Even with mysql (using mysql-native), the absent of something like

struct User {
@optional int userName; //its ok if row doesn't have this column
    @as("phone_number") string phoneNumber;

User[] users;
foreach(row; ...)
    users ~= row.toStruct!User;

I would love that :-)

MongoDB has facilities for these stuff automatically thats why using it seem convenient and speeds up stuff.

Yeah, it speeds up development, but that doesn't help much if Mongo swallows your data or messes up replication, or if your data by its nature simply does not fit a document store well. I've found Postgres to be very reliable and also very fast in the past, and - in large part thanks to Vibe.d - I am using Mongo now in a test deployment instead of it. I don't feel comfortable at all in continuing to use it though, which is unfortunate, since the development speed with it is quite high.