On Monday, 4 September 2017 at 15:47:04 UTC, Boris-Barboris wrote:
On Monday, 4 September 2017 at 15:40:47 UTC, denizzzka wrote:
This is just internal function. Don't try to call it from your application.

I guess it's the Python curse

Oh... What is it:
PARSE + BIND + EXEC + SYNC
?
Yeah, that's what I do currently, just write the whole command chain (same goes for transaction control statement, they take 15-20 bytes before\after actual commands, so no need to send them separately) when it's built, flush it to socket and block until all results come back, finalized by ReadyForQuery message.

I dare say that you are engaged in premature optimization.