On Sunday, 15 October 2017 at 06:58:19 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
On Sunday, 15 October 2017 at 05:57:35 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
I am very pleased to announce the first proper release of DCompute, a framework for heterogeneous computing for D. It wraps the OpenCL and CUDA runtimes to run compute kernels for computationally intensive workloads.

Thanks to all who helped make this happen.

Mike, want me to do another blog post about this and the CUDA support?

P.S: can those who answer foundat...@dlang.org please tell me what you think of my plan to advance the development and exposure of DCompute?

Nicholas, could you please create an example with mir.ndslice and mir.math.common? --Ilya

using ndslice should be no problem, mir.math.common will not work for OpenCL as is because the SPIR-V backend does not use the LLVM intrinsics. Instead I have to do things like
to get the functions correct. Hopefully that will be resolved when I get the backend merged into LLVM, but that won't happen until (hopefully shortly) after IWOCL in mid may.

In the mean time I need to create a dispatcher similar to https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/blob/master/source/dcompute/std/index.d with `__dcompute_reflect` all over the place to get things to work.