On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 04:33:38 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 04:27:01 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 04:14:35 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
[...]

Why is this? How are we expected to write cross platform code with long/ulong? What are the alternatives? 99

It's right there in the blog post:

import core.stdc.config : c_ulong, clong;

Or was the paragraph ambiguous for you? long and ulong are always 8 bytes in D. It's the C types that vary across platforms. I've updated the text as Joakim suggested for clarity.

Thanks Mike, that explains!