On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 15:53:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On a related note, the vision document for 2018H1 has not yet been created.

It's a WIP.

If I may make a suggestion, please make the vision documents smaller and more focused. The goals laid out are typically far too broad to actually accomplish in half a year. Instead, the document should give detailed milestones for two or three long term goals which the community should complete in the six months.

E.g.

@safety: we aim to enable large-scale uses of D with safety guarantees

and

Static introspection: We believe this is an important strategic advantage of D and we should continue to improve both compiler support and library support.

These are not actionable and can't be achieved in just six months of work. Instead, something like

To move toward a @safe Phobos, std.json, std.file, and std.stdio should all be 100% @safe by June. Static introspection: we believe this is an important strategic advantage of D, so X, Y, and Z feature should be added by June

gives contributors goals they can start making PRs for.
  • Re: Releas... Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: R... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • R... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • R... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • R... David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: R... Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • R... thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... IM via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Releas... Глеб Куликов/Gleb Kulikov via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: R... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce