On 25.01.2018 14:54, Atila Neves wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 15:16:02 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 13:08:35 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 20:43:56 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Glad to announce D 2.078.1.

The Windows 7z archive version now has much simpler sc.ini, in fact too simple.
With Visual C++ 2015 x64 Native Build Tools now trying to run
dmd -m64 hi.d
I get
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libucrt.lib'
Error: linker exited with status 1104

So I needed to edit sc.ini and add back
LIB=%LIB%;"%UniversalCRTSdkDir%\Lib\%UCRTVersion%\ucrt\x64"
to the [Environment64] section.

Then it went just as 2.078.0 - still missing legacy_stdio_definitions.lib that I need to add manually in the command line.

Did you call vcvarsall in the current dos box/PowerShell? It is a tool included with all visual studio variants.

Kind regards
Andre

I just ran into this today. With the dmd 2.077.1 Windows installer things just work, and it's never necessary to call vcvarsall.bat to build D code for 64-bit.

Since dmd 2.078.0, with Visual Studio 2015, nothing works anymore, and sc.ini doesn't seem to reference Visual Studio at all like it used to.

Atila

Visual Studio is supposed to be detected by dmd now, either from the environment or from the registry.

What errors do you get? Try running with -v to show the linker command line.