On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 10:48:10 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 09:48:33 UTC, Norm wrote:

This import feature and surrounding discussion I couldn't care less about ...

I actually spend far more time reading large chunks of code, than writing code, and I certainly do NOT want to spend extra time deciphering imports, due to an unpopular and confusing syntax change.

If I were mainly writing 'scripts', then I too would probably not care less ;-)

If D just wants to become a compiled scripting language...good luck to it.

I'll go find a proper progamming langauge long before that happens.

Well, D is already a compiled scripting language :)

It is also a language used for BSD and Linux kernel drivers, applications, backend servers et. al. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

Cheers,
Norm