On Friday, 2 March 2018 at 03:57:25 UTC, barry.harris wrote:

Sorry little rabbit, your are misguided in this belief. Back in day we all used C and this is the reason most "safer" languages exist today.

You can write pretty safe code in C these days, without too much trouble. We have the tooling and the knowledge to make that happen.. developed over decades - and both keep getting better, because the language is not subjected to a constant and frequent release cycle.

Ironically, the demands on programmers to adapt to constant change, is actually making applications less safe. - and least, that's my thesis ;-)

The real problem with using C these days (in some areas), is more to do with its limited abstraction power, not its lack of safety.

And also C is frowned upon (and C++ too for that matter), cause most programmers are so lazy these days, and don't want to write code - but prefer to just 'link algorithms' that someone else wrote.

I include myself in this - hence my interest in D ;-)

Keep those algorithms coming!