On Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 13:33:32 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
Sonke figured out just a few hours ago, and I confirmed, that #170 is caused by a bug in MySQLPool.lockConnection introduced in v2.1.0. I plan to have that fixed with a new release today.

That bug turned out to be caused by MySQLPool.lockConnection allowing the LockedConnection!Connection it received from vibe to degrade down to a plain Connection (because of alias this allowing implicit conversion). So MySQLPool.lockConnection would then return the *raw* Connection instead, thus allowing LockedConnection to go out of scope and reclaim the connection as soon as MySQLPool.lockConnection returned.

Sonke's been putting thought into how to adjust vibe's LockedConnection so this can't happen by accident. Maybe your lib fell prey to the same accident mine did?

And yes I need support for multiple connection strings. It's not an application, it's a library for writing enterprise websites/webapis and thus it should be scalable, since most enterprise solutions uses multiple databases.

Ah, I see. Fair enough.

That's possible. Looking forward to the release, then I'll test it out and see what happens.

        • Re: mys... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: mysql-native v2.... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: mysql-nativ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: mysql-n... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: mysql-nativ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: mysql-n... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce