On Saturday, 3 March 2018 at 07:37:38 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
An all-D MySQL/MariaDB client library:
https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native

Tagged 'v2.1.0', which mainly adds a few new features, including greatly simplified shortcut syntax for prepared statements (with automatic, implicit caching and re-use):

---
int i = 5;
string s = "Hello world";
conn.exec("INSERT INTO table_name VALUES (?, ?)", i, s);
conn.query("SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE id=? AND name=?", i, s);

// Also works:
Prepared stmt = conn.prepare("INSERT ...blah... (?, ?)");
conn.exec(stmt, i, s);
---

As well as additional tools for optional micro-management of registering/releasing prepared statements.

It also fixes #28: "MYXProtocol thrown when using large integers as prepared parameters."

Full changelog
https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#v210---2018-03-02

I'm unsure how I'd go about implementing prepared statements in a vibe.d application correctly.

With older versions it didn't work properly and I'm not sure how to implement it with the new version of prepared statements.

I can't seem to find any examples on how they were updated and what exactly to change in my code.

It would be nice with some more examples that aren't basics.

Especially, because I call setArgs() to set arguments from an array since I have no control over the arguments passed to the function as they're generated elsewhere and thus I cannot manually specify the arguments.

I guess I will try to dig around and see what works and what doesn't, unless you can pinpoint me in the correct direction.
  • Re: mysql-native v2.... aberba via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: mysql-nativ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: mysql-n... aberba via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... aberba via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: mysql-n... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: mysql-native v2.... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: mysql-nativ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: mysql-n... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: mys... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce