On Thursday, 29 March 2018 at 14:10:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Jared Hanson (a.k.a Meta and MetaLang around these parts) was inspired by an article titled "std::visit is everything wrong with modern C++" to contrast it with D's std.variant.visit. The result is this well-written post for the D Blog.

The blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2018/03/29/std-variant-is-everything-cool-about-d/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/881hmi/stdvariant_is_everything_cool_about_d/

Unfortunately, this turned out to be the worst possible day for me to try to actively monitor the thread and respond to questions. I'm surprised that people latched onto my little quip about C++ using the name variant for a tagged union.