On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 21:58:29 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
cool to hear that you don't let that library die. I like asdf but I never really had a usecase for it. When using vibe.d I just parse my json using their serializer. Additionally I never have the case of my input being line separated json, for example when reading a dub registry dump it's a 40MB json array where I don't really see application for asdf, or can it also be used with generic arrays that aren't line separated?

i never understood why people do this. why would you ever generate such a big json, it requires a lot of memory to generate it too. that being said asdf also works in this case and i think you should even be able to stream non th e less (not 100% sure, if not it could/should be implemented).

Anyway pretty cool library, would definitely use it if I ever see line separated json data in the wild.

die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt...

anyway, really happy to see that asdf found a few uses and i can really recommend to try it out, even to replace the standard json libs in e.g. vibe.d, which is what i do too. Its not only faster but also easier, since you can use your structs/classes and have granular control over what properties are (de-)serialized.