On Saturday, 28 July 2018 at 21:33:04 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
[snip]
2. When you briefly explain templates I think it's important to mention that empty parentheses may be omitted to allow the reader to make the link between function!(arg1)(arg2) and map!something. Explaining UFCS isn't necessary there though I think since it's obvious that there is some kind of chaining at play (not that you did, just thinking out loud).

Yeah, good point, mentioned it now.

Actually, map!something does not drop empty parentheses, so mentioning that does not help. Parentheses containing 0 or 1 arguments can be omitted ... and you omit them for 1 argument in 3 places, and no instances of omitted empty parentheses. And I think it would be less confusing to an unfamiliar reader to mention UFCS, because the chained calls don't fit the function !(args1) (args2) syntax that you mention.

[snip]