On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 13:46:39 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 12:18:25 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

The egregious waste of time and resources of this DConf format strongly signals that D is not a serious effort to build a used language,

It's the same signal being emitted by all of these "failures" as well:

Go: https://twitter.com/dgryski/status/1034939523736600576
Rust: https://rustconf.com/
Clojure: https://clojure.org/community/events
Haskell: https://wiki.haskell.org/Conferences
C++: https://cppcon.org/ https://cpponsea.uk/ http://cppnow.org/ https://meetingcpp.com/

etc.

To me it's obvious from that short list that took me less than 5min to come up with that conferences aren't a dying format. I gave up on C++ conferences after the 4th link, there are just too many.

If you don't like conferences you don't have to go. I for one am excited about being in London in May. Please don't sour it for other who think/feel like I do.
  • DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DConf 2019: Sheph... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DConf 2019: Sheph... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DConf 2019: S... Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DConf 201... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: DConf... Johannes Loher via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Bastiaan Veelo via Digitalmars-d-announce