On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 15:51:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=tcyb1lpEHm0

If nothing else please watch the opening story, it's true and quite funny :o).

Now as to the talk, as you could imagine, it touches on another language as well...

Andrei

About the adoption and success of DbI libraries:

- Buried inside your talks there are lots of hard-earned principles:
  "What's missing is as important as what's here"
  "Big interfaces are good"
  etc...
We have a lack of DbI designers such as yourself or Vladimir so a short text that teach how to design with DbI could be in order. I redirect people to "std::allocator is to allocation what std::vector is to vexation" because it seems to be the only tutorial on this.

Other people often lack interest because of real or perceived template bloat, and it's critical.

- I think it's important to emphasize CTFE over template instantiations because (per Stefan's measurements) template instantiations are a lot slower and CTFE is already surprisingly faster than template meta-programming, and on the road to become even faster with the superbly needed newCTFE.