On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 08:38:39PM +0000, Guillaume Piolat via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> Other people often lack interest because of real or perceived template
> bloat, and it's critical.
>
> - I think it's important to emphasize CTFE over template
> instantiations because (per Stefan's measurements) template
> instantiations are a lot slower and CTFE is already surprisingly
> faster than template meta-programming, and on the road to become even
> faster with the superbly needed newCTFE.

I think another angle of attack that AFAICT has been mostly overlooked
is for the compiler to recognize certain common template patterns, and
optimize away intermediate template instantiations that are not actually
necessary.  Not every template instantiation requires wholesale copying
of the AST.  I surmise certain patterns of templates could be profitably
turned into some kind of compile-time executed code.

Без труда не выловишь и рыбку из пруда.