On Monday, 6 January 2020 at 04:32:25 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Sunday, 5 January 2020 at 23:23:48 UTC, Oleg B wrote:

Nice work! One thing I would recommend, though, is that you not bake in extern(C). Some libraries require extern(System) (because they're stdcall on Windows and cdecl everywhere else).

So to be robust, you'll want to implement support for both into SSLL.

Thanks for the advice! I will continue work on ssll and will try implement this feature.

There are only two declarations required for the dynamic bindings in BindBC: an alias and a pointer. And of course the loader is separate. The reason is historical. When I was working on the earliest version of Derelict back in 2004, we didn't have all the fancy compile-time features we have now. I (and a couple of contributors) tried doing it by declaring the function pointers without aliases, but we ran into a couple of issues and settled for taking the alias + pointer approach. (It's been so long that I can't recall what the issues were).

Thanks for the clarification and thanks for Derelict bindings!