On 28/02/2020 3:47 AM, SealabJaster wrote:
Similarly, as far as I can tell even with the adjustment of making these strings their own special type, something as simple (for other languages as):

```
void f(string a, string b)

int foo = 20;
string bar = "lalafell";
f(i"You are a foo($foo)", i"I am not a $bar");
```

Isn't easily achieved without use of an extra helper function such as i"...".format or .str, etc.

What you have suggested is a GC only language feature.

This will cut out numerous use cases for D, and will leave those people swearing and complaining.

Unlike new users who may not discover this feature for a while, existing users will complain and will not be happy guranteed.

This is something we as a community want to avoid.