On Wednesday, 8 April 2020 at 12:47:57 UTC, aliak wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 22:20:40 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 20:03:21 UTC, Aliak wrote:
Is what you’re working on shareable information (just out of curiosity)?

It's shareable (it's on Github just like DLS); it's a mobile app, the Android version is in Kotlin, and the iOS version in Swift. I think it's hard to beat native languages for these platforms, as they both have tailored APIs and development environments (and they are backed by giant companies putting lots of resources into them)

Yeah, no doubt, it's always that last 10-20 percent of the way you have to go with the non-native languages on those platforms that gets you. The downside is the manpower required to maintain two platforms.

I've been meaning to give flutter a try though... it seems to be catching steam. Only problem is google is "known" for just dropping things. But who knows, let's see.

And WildFyre looks very interesting! Good luck with your future endeavours!

Xamarin is a choice too.