On Wednesday, 20 October 2021 at 05:08:51 UTC, max haughton wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 October 2021 at 01:48:24 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 10/19/2021 6:35 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
[...]

Timon and I famously disagree over the concept behind @live.

Nevertheless, we do agree that ImportC is more important.

Iain and I have decided that changing the build process so that Phobos' zlib code is built with dmd rather than gcc is going to be our goalpost for declaring ImportC ready to use.

Why is compiling zlib a goalpost for *Import*C? Hopefully that doesn't make it "finished, because that goalpost has almost no effect on the issues actually plaguing C interop at the moment - i.e. the preprocessor.

I interpreted it as "a goalpost", not *the* goal. I hope at least 🍀

ImportC has the potential to be really powerful. But maybe the later steps doesn't have to be made by Walter?