On Monday, 4 July 2022 at 08:34:14 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Walter and Atila have both talked about rethinking exceptions.

Atila brought it up in his DConf Online 2021 talk here:

https://youtu.be/UqW42_8kn0s?t=1429

You can see Walter's comments about it in the subsequent Q & A session here:

https://youtu.be/g26eJcs2QB0?t=1809

Thank you. I hope to see something more tangible in the future as it's an interesting area to explore.

I think that's a reasonable policy. The last thing any of us want is to stifle debate or censor opinions, but we feel that it's reasonable to ask people to participate in debates and express their opinions without upsetting others. So we're going to do our best to find a middle ground.

Bit of shame you feel the need to make a change given the circumstances you've detailed. I think you've done a fine job thus far.

Appreciate your response!