Hello people. I have tried working again with adam's wasm minimal runtime, and yesterday I was able to make a great progress on it.

Currently, the only feature that I did not bother to implement support for was the try/catch/finally/throw friends. Pretty much only because I don't use in my engine. I would like to ask you guys some feedback on its current usage, I have written a file with only tests to the wasm runtime:

```d
// ldc2 -i=. --d-version=CarelessAlocation -i=std -Iarsd-webassembly/ -L-allow-undefined -ofserver/omg.wasm -mtriple=wasm32-unknown-unknown-wasm arsd-webassembly/core/arsd/aa arsd-webassembly/core/arsd/objectutils arsd-webassembly/core/internal/utf arsd-webassembly/core/arsd/utf_decoding hello arsd-webassembly/object.d

import arsd.webassembly;
import std.stdio;

class A {
        int _b = 200;
        int a() { return 123; }
}

interface C {
        void test();
}
interface D {
        void check();
}

class B : A, C
{
        int val;
        override int a() { return 455 + val; }

        void test()
        {
                rawlog(a());
                int[] a;
                a~= 1;
        }
}

void rawlog(Args...)(Args a, string file = __FILE__, size_t line = __LINE__)
{
        writeln(a, " at "~ file~ ":", line);
}

struct Tester
{
        int b = 50;
        string a = "hello";
}
void main()
{
        float[] f = new float[4];
        assert(f[0] is float.init);
        f~= 5.5; //Append
        f~= [3, 4];
        int[] inlineConcatTest = [1, 2] ~ [3, 4];

        auto dg = delegate()
        {
                writeln(inlineConcatTest[0], f[1]);
        };
        dg();
        B b = new B;
        b.val = 5;
        A a = b;
        a.a();
        C c = b;
        c.test();
        assert(cast(D)c is null);
        Tester[] t = new Tester[10];
        assert(t[0] == Tester.init);
        assert(t.length == 10);

        switch("hello")
        {
                case "test":
                        writeln("broken");
                        break;
                case "hello":
                        writeln("Working switch string");
                        break;
                default: writeln("What happenned here?");
        }
        string strTest = "test"[0..$];
        assert(strTest == "test");

        Tester* structObj = new Tester(50_000, "Inline Allocation");
        writeln(structObj is null, structObj.a, structObj.b);

        int[string] hello = ["hello": 500];
        assert(("hello" in hello) !is null, "No key hello yet...");
        assert(hello["hello"] == 500, "Not 500");
        hello["hello"] = 1200;
        assert(hello["hello"] == 1200, "Reassign didn't work");
        hello["h2o"] = 250;
        assert(hello["h2o"] == 250, "New member");

        int[] appendTest;
        appendTest~= 50;
        appendTest~= 500;
        appendTest~= 5000;
        foreach(v; appendTest)
                writeln(v);
        string strConcatTest;
        strConcatTest~= "Hello";
        strConcatTest~= "World";
        writeln(strConcatTest);
        int[] intConcatTest = cast(int[2])[1, 2];
        intConcatTest~= 50;
        string decInput = "a";
        decInput~= "こんいちは";
        foreach(dchar ch; "こんいちは")
        {
                decInput~= ch;
                writeln(ch);
        }
        writeln(decInput);
        int[] arrCastTest = [int.max];

        foreach(v; cast(ubyte[])arrCastTest)
                writeln(v);

}
```

All those tests are currently passing. That means we almost got all the common features from the D Runtime into Arsd custom runtime. Meaning that the only thing that would be missing right now being the WASI libc. But my engine is not going to use it entirely, only a subset of it. So, I would like to say that whoever wants to play with it now is able to do it so.

That being said, I would carefully advice that while I bring those implementations, I didn't care about memory leaks, so, it is a runtime without GC: careless allocations. But! It is possible to port some programs specially if you're already doing house clearing yourself. As my engine does not leak memory in loop (as that would make it trigger the GC and thus make it slow), it is totally possible to use it.

"But why didn't you continued Skoppe's WASM work?", I literally am not able to build LDC runtime no matter how hard I tried. Doing that work on a minimal runtime was a lot easier.

If you do find any use in the work I've done, please do test it as I'll benefit from both you guys test. If you find any performance improvement on it, it'll be gladly be accepted.

I do not intend to replace the druntime with that. I've done the minimal subset of features that makes my engine work for the web. A real druntime is still expected and awaited by me.

The link to the PR to be tested can be found there: https://github.com/adamdruppe/webassembly/pull/9
  • Good News: Al... Hipreme via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Good... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Good... Ferhat Kurtulmuş via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Ferhat Kurtulmuş via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Lingo Chen via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce