On Friday, 6 January 2023 at 22:14:23 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş wrote:
One question. Does GC work with Adam's druntime for wasm?

I haven't actually written one yet, so it leaks if you don't pay attention yourself. But I have a plan that should work: you do the setTimeout(collect, 0) so it runs when the event loop is idle. Then the wasm stack is empty so you can scan pure memory.

IMHO, D's GC need a second thread

This isn't true, it never needs a second thread, even on normal desktop.

The problem with GC on wasm is the webasm stack is opaque. You can have the compiler output a shadow stack or my plan of scanning when it is empty. Either should work but I haven't had time to implement anything.

  • Good News: Al... Hipreme via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Good... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Good... Ferhat Kurtulmuş via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Ferhat Kurtulmuş via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Lingo Chen via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce