I've begun editing, rendering, and publishing the standalone videos of the DConf '23 talks. The venue gave us access to all of their footage this year rather than just a subset of it, and I'm happy to make use of it.

I've also got the benefit of AI subtitle generation built into the latest version of the editor I'm using. It does an amazing job of it. The first video required only very minor tweaks. The upshot is that if you have English CC enabled, you'll get a more accurate script than the auto-generated one from YouTube.

The first video, Saeed's talk, is live:

https://youtu.be/cN0zS04wOFU

Please let me know if anything is problematic with the video and of any errors you happen to find in the subtitles.

I'm not going to announce every video I publish. I'll announce when I'm finished with all of them. If you're not subscribed to the channel, you can periodically check the DConf '23 playlist for updates:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIldXzSkPUXWH97DYBENhAqLk4DUqKUmf&si=kpEpj3Y_A5zSAoVT

I'll try to publish a new one every two or three days, but I've got a lot going on right now and make no promises. If you want to keep up with my progress on the DConf videos and other tasks related to the DLF's YouTube channel, you can follow the project tracker here:

https://github.com/orgs/dlang/projects/40
  • DConf '23 Talk Videos Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DConf '23 Talk Vi... FeepingCreature via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DConf '23 Tal... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DConf '23... Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: DConf... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... matheus via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce