On Tuesday, 14 November 2023 at 20:09:53 UTC, Dennis wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 November 2023 at 19:13:38 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
As I understand the current thinking, that is not what D is intending to do.

Additional changes don't require a new edition to be enabled, only breaking changes. I expect editions to mostly subtract code, by turning existing deprecations into errors and enabling preview switches like nosharedaccess, dip1000, fixImmutableConv, systemVariables.

This sounds like it's not the mechanism being envisioned for modifying phobos or druntime.

Looking forward to the full description!

-Steve