Summary: Mind Blowing error (possibly in DMD or std.variant)
           Product: D
           Version: D2
          Platform: x86_64
        OS/Version: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: critical
          Priority: P2
         Component: DMD

--- Comment #0 from Isak Andersson <> 2012-06-30 17:04:36 PDT 
Created an attachment (id=1122)
The minimal source tree that is giving the error

Hello lovely D folks!

I have been dealing with this incredibly strange error that I don't really even
know how to describe because I can't understand what's causing it. I can really
just show you.

Here's the quick scoop if you don't want to download stuff etc:

Anyways here's everything I can say,

Assuming the following tree:

├── bin
├── lib
│   ├── import
│   │   └── gl3n
│   │       ├── color
│   │       │   └── hsv.di
│   │       ├── interpolate.di
│   │       ├── linalg.di
│   │       ├── math.di
│   │       └── util.di
│   ├── libgl3n-dmd.a
├── reducedt.reduced
│   │   └── empty
│   └── torment
│       ├── component
│       │   ├── all.d
│       │   ├── component.d
│       │   └── render.d
│       ├── entity
│       │   └── camera.d
│       ├── math
│       │   └── vector.d
│       └── scene
│           └── scene.d

compiling with "dmd -g -debug -property -w -wi -I../../lib/import
-L-L../../lib/ -L-lgl3n-dmd -of../../bin/execute_me ../torment/component/all.d
../torment/component/component.d ../torment/component/render.d
../torment/scene/scene.d ../torment/math/vector.d ../torment/entity/camera"
outputs the following error:

../torment/scene/scene.d(3): Error: cannot compare
const(VariantN!(1LU,RenderComponent)[]) and

The line it's complaining about (3) looks like: 
struct Scene {

And I don't know what to make of that. I've tried reducing (in fact the tree
you are looking at is *very* reduced) so I have the minimal case of failure
here. I have attached the tree (including lib imports and the .a file compiled
for 64bit linux) so you can try compiling for yourself. I've tried it on two
computers - both 64bit linux though so I don't know if that's got anything to
do with the problem.

At this point I don't know if this is my fault or dmd's fault or phobos'. I
assume it's the compiler but I can't know for sure. I marked this bug as
critical because it has completely stalled the development of my project for
two days now. And that does not give me a good feeling at all. I really *need*
to get on with it!

I just feel like this either is out of my hands, or just me doing something
obviously wrong and is not getting it. But nobody in irc seems to know what's
wrong either. So I am submitting this here.

Thank you!

-- Isak Andersson

Configure issuemail:
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------

Reply via email to