On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 17:43:20 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

On 18.06.2017 16:50, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

On 18.06.2017 16:17, Mike B Johnson wrote:
So, there is some issue with x64 and visual d's debugging in visual studio. That is the only file in the project. If it works on your system, keep trying until it doesn't!

As you expected, its not simple to reproduce. I have not managed to do so.

Could you specify a few more details:

- Visual D version?
- VS version?
- Which Configuration selected?
- dmd version?
- ldc version (in case you switched to "LDC Debug")?
- selected debug engine?

Slightly unrelated, but one thing that often bothers me: if you open the project configuration dialog, VS doesn't always show the current configuration (but the last edited one), so you edit options that don't seem to have any effect.

I could produce an issue when starting the mago debugger for the first time after firing up VS2015: it showed an error, though, instead of not doing anything at all. Maybe it's a different effect of the same problem. I have added a work around that fixes it for me: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/5a92e21e7hxgty4b/artifacts

BTW: the output window should show whether symbols for your application have been loaded. If not, you get the behavior that you reported.

Didn't work ;/

All I get on the output wndow is

"
C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll unloaded.
The thread 0x1ea4 has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
The thread 0x1390 has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
The thread 0x1ac has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
The program '[492] Async.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
"