On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 10:30:36 UTC, wjoe wrote:

Could you please elaborate why checked exceptions are more annoying?

Have like 3 functions : A calls B, B calls C .

Imagine that now you need to throw a checked exception on C, that before wasn't necessary. You need to add the annoying "throws X" to A and B. And A and B could be on another module or on a different project. Perhaps, the guy that wrote B, was previsor, and putted "throws Exception" (or another generic Exception derived class) on B to avoid problems, but now you have loss the information about the specific Exception that C throws. So again, the compiler can't know what kind of exception could be throwed by A beyond of a generic "Exception" (or another generic exception class). Another workaround, could be wrapping the C throwed exception by a generic exception on B.

I work daily with Java, and it's pretty annoying. That the IDE helps you auto putting the throws or suggesting a try/catch, helps. But we ended making some generic exceptions RuntimeExceptions to avoiding the noise and problems that could give checked exceptions.