On Tuesday, 2 June 2020 at 13:58:13 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 11:40:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 10:30:36 UTC, wjoe wrote:
[...]

For me, it's because they require all functions that touch them to either try/catch or include an exception specification in its declaration. In my Java days, I ended up just doing what so many others do and adding `throws Exception` or `catch(Exception)` to avoid having to handle multiple exception types. Most of the time, I didn't care what specific sort of exception was thrown.

Because of the problems with checked exceptions they were deliberately left out in C#. Here is an interview with Anders Hejlsberg, the creator of C# at MS, where he explains the reasons for this decision: https://www.artima.com/intv/handcuffs.html

That was a good read. Thank you.