On 7/18/20 8:16 AM, Andre Pany wrote:
On Saturday, 18 July 2020 at 09:10:04 UTC, Mr. Backup wrote:
I started the program with "dub" command and everything worked as I expected. Except that there were a lot "deprecation" warnings and long time to compile.But when I exit the service by ctrl + c and start again the program cannot start again with error message:

I assume you are using vibe.d 0.8.4 or older. Please check whether adding this to dub.json solves your problem:

​"versions": [ "VibeHighEventPriority" ]

(Restart your pc)

Vibe.d 0.9 0 will be released soon. I hope it will work out of the box there.

Unfortunately the problem still occurs with Vibe.d 0.9.0

IMO **this is the single most important problem to fix** for vibe.d -- if the most basic of examples (indeed, supplied by dub itself) fails so spectacularly, the casual new user will not spend the time to find out why this is happening, but instead move on. The ctrl-C non-termination bug has existed since at least 2015 from what I can tell from the forums.

Tangent:

Does Sönke have a Patreon or the project an OpenCollective etc. ? I would be willing to support fixing of some of these bugs.

Alternatively, could we vote on whether a web framework is worthy of foundation support? Having an ergonomic, workable web framework is absolutely essential to surviving as a language in 2020 (notable exception being 800# gorilla incumbents C/C++).