On Sunday, 16 August 2020 at 18:13:07 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
On Sunday, 16 August 2020 at 10:07:02 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
On Saturday, 15 August 2020 at 23:59:36 UTC, Joel wrote:
[...]

First, what's wrong with using writeln and friends instead of directly mucking about with stdout? :p

Just as a drive-by comment, the main stdio thing I came across that I couldn't do from within @safe was stdout.flush(), which I need to call manually for Cygwin terminals and some terminals embedded in editors (vscode). If someone knows why, please tell me.

Yeah, that's probably the only thing I've used 'stdout' for so far - flush.