On Tuesday, 9 February 2021 at 18:33:16 UTC, drug wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 February 2021 at 07:45:13 UTC, JG wrote:
I was trying to profile a d program. So I ran: dub build --build=profile. I then ran the program and it produced trace.log and trace.def. I then ran d-profile-viewer and got the following error:

std.conv.ConvException@/home/jg/dlang/ldc-1.24.0/bin/../import/std/conv.d(2382):
 Unexpected '-' when converting from type char[] to type ulong

I'm guessing only but it looks like slurp is used to read text output but the format used does not correspond to the real data format.

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I would prefer not to spend time trying to debug d-profile-viewer at the moment.

As a follow up question I would like to know what tool people use to profile d programs?