On Friday, 16 July 2021 at 16:42:50 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

I did encounter some missing symbols, though (`ntohl` and `ntohs`) as msgpack-d isn't linking with Ws2-32.lib. I added `pragma(lib, "Ws2_32")` to the top of the file to resolve it. (And I filed an issue: https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-d/issues/120).

Once the linker issues were resolved, all was well.

Yup - I have it running now but the code does seem to be a bit neglected and I'm seeing a depreciation warning too. I chose it because it's much the most downloaded serialisation package and is used in a couple of other popular packages. But it seems to be moribund...

I simply need a fast binary serialisation lib to read and write a large list of structs to local disk - it's not for inter-app communication. The struct is simple and only contains primitive D data types. If you are aware of any package that would be a better bet I'd appreciate your advice. Or is there a more direct way to dump a list from memory to disk and read it back again? This is the kind of low-level stuff that's rather new to me...