On Friday, 16 July 2021 at 16:54:18 UTC, Scotpip wrote:

Yup - I have it running now but the code does seem to be a bit neglected and I'm seeing a depreciation warning too. I chose it because it's much the most downloaded serialisation package and is used in a couple of other popular packages. But it seems to be moribund...

The deprecation message is from the most recent dmd release:

https://dlang.org/changelog/2.097.0.html#body-deprecation

It's been a year since the last commit (which actually involved linking with winsock...), but I wouldn't write it off as near death just yet.

I simply need a fast binary serialisation lib to read and write a large list of structs to local disk - it's not for inter-app communication. The struct is simple and only contains primitive D data types. If you are aware of any package that would be a better bet I'd appreciate your advice. Or is there a more direct way to dump a list from memory to disk and read it back again? This is the kind of low-level stuff that's rather new to me...

I haven't had occasion to make use of any serialization libraries myself, but you can start here:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Serialization_Libraries