On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 11:11:56 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 11:06:04 UTC, frame wrote:
On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 10:48:19 UTC, bauss wrote:

Use toStringz and not .ptr.

Or append \0 to your string.

Stupid me should really know that already, thanks =)
Of course I have dup'ed the \0 from the string away...

But still I don't know why it works if the GC is off?

Did you see my second response?

Yes, but as I mentioned this pointer data isn't hold outside the function and the GC collect runs after data is processed, not in between. This pointer should be fully stack allocated and also newly generated each time the function is called, so I see no impact by the GC?

But GC collecting works now without issues.