On 03/19/2011 06:11 PM, Don wrote:
Here's the task:
Given a .d source file, strip out all of the unittest {} blocks,
including everything inside them.
Strip out all comments as well.
Print out the resulting file.

Motivation: Bug reports frequently come with very large test cases.
Even ones which look small often import from Phobos.
Reducing the test case is the first step in fixing the bug, and it's
frequently ~30% of the total time required. Stripping out the unit tests
is the most time-consuming and error-prone part of reducing the test case.

This should be a good task if you're relatively new to D but would like
to do something really useful.
-Don

Is there a copy of the official D grammar somewhere online? I wrote a lexer for my Compiler class and would love to try and apply it to another grammar.

-Kai Meyer