On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 03:09:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I don't see what you see wrong with the code I wrote. It's straightforward, obvious, and does the job I need it to do, in a way that's not prone to future mistakes.

Sometimes it is not easy to explain why code "feels" wrong and in the case of

```
       scope(success) conn.exec("COMMIT");
```

it was not that clear to me some days ago. The reason why I would not write it is: `conn.exec("COMMIT")` may throw! Think of deferred constraints which are checked not before the commit. But "[a] [...] scope(success) statement may not exit with a throw [...]" [1]

[1] https://dlang.org/spec/statement.html#ScopeGuardStatement