On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 10:07:23 UTC, kdevel wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 20:46:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
[...]
It has not harmed my code though. I tried throwing inside a scope guard, and it.... just works, I'm not sure why you can't throw in those?

You can but that is not acceptable for the spec explicitly forbids that:

https://dlang.org/spec/statement.html#scope-guard-statement

Quote (again): "A [...] scope(success) statement may not exit with a throw [...]."

Furthermore I always thought of scope guards as a means for cleanup. Cleanup implies in my eyes removing things which have been used in a previous task. This intended use is documented here:

https://tour.dlang.org/tour/en/gems/scope-guards

Using scope guards makes code much cleaner and allows resource allocation and clean up code to be placed next to each other. These little helpers also improve safety because they make sure certain cleanup code is always called
    independent of which paths are actually taken at runtime.

Performing a COMMIT is rather the opposite of cleanup: It makes (writes) changes to the database persistent.

If the spec forbids it, but the compiler allows it, wouldn't it then be a bug?