On Tuesday, 28 March 2023 at 04:22:24 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
On 28/03/2023 2:25 PM, ryuukk_ wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 March 2023 at 01:06:50 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
Have you tried installing mago?

https://github.com/rainers/mago

There are instructions for vs-code in README.

I did not try mago, but it shouldn't be needed as pdb is universally understood by tools

Agreed, I would expect globals (including TLS) to work without a debugger extension.

While i will try with mago, it shouldn't satisfy us, workarounds are temporary solutions

Its not a workaround, mago (in this case) is an extension to MS's debugger framework which provides D specific features, you'd want it regardless if you work with the debugger with D a lot. Debuggers typically have language specific features to make them easier to work with.

Jan should be shipping this I think.

I have looked into trying to get mago to work so far, but didn't have any working state yet, which is why that is currently stuck. (+ I don't personally use Windows for development, so I don't have much usage experience for code-d / debugging integration, outside when I actively develop Windows fixes on it)

If you get mago to work with vscode feel free to tell me how you did it so we can add a debug configuration preset for code-d users / other users who want to manually use it.
            • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-learn
  • Re: How to debug... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: How to ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: How... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: How to ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: How... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn