On Wednesday, 5 April 2023 at 23:06:54 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

So your data structures and algorithms should be designed in a way that takes advantage of linear access where possible.

Yes I understand, basically, what's going on in hardware. I just wasn't sure if the access type was linked to the container type. It seems obvious now, since you've both made it clear, that it also depends on how I'm accessing my container.

Having said all of this, isn't a D 'range' fundamentally a sequential access container (i.e popFront) ?