On Sunday, 13 August 2023 at 15:25:16 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
Mine (-betterC) https://github.com/Project-Sidero/basic_memory/tree/main/source/sidero/base/allocators

Similar scope to one in Phobos.

On that note I'm still waiting a year+ for Atila to get back to me about talking about where to go for std.experimental.allocators.

It's almost good, unfortunately it uses RAII.. wich is a red flag for me

The premise of an Allocator API is to give control to the user, this is lost

Also, i'd personally remove this import: ``import std.typecons : Ternary;``, no need to tap into std just for this struct

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/v2.105.0/std/typecons.d#L10472

Mine does't use RAII, and i personally think this is what a good core API should be
  • std.experimental... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: std.exp... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: std... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: std.exp... Paul Backus via Digitalmars-d-learn