On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 14:07:56 -0500, %u <n...@dddd.com> wrote:

== Quote from Steven Schveighoffer (schvei...@yahoo.com)'s article
On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 13:22:07 -0500, %u <n...@devnull.com> wrote:
In order for such a humongously code-breaking change to occur,
there would
have to be dire reasons why this was necessary.  Because you
liked Java is
not a qualifying reason.
-Steve

Hey man,  Sorry if I annoyed you.  No need to feel insulted.  I get
it: the *real* reason is that it will break alot of code.  I'm just
asking, it's not a big deal.  I find that it helps readability.
But as others have stated, you list the the extended class first
and that's good enough!

The Internet is not always conducive to the emotional interpretation of words. Sorry if I sounded annoyed/insulted. I simply was identifying that you asked for a change that would break almost all code, and your reason was because you "liked it." I'm not annoyed, but I wanted you to understand what you were asking for and what appears to be your reason. We would need more -- a lot more.

That being said, even if there was a really good reason (maybe there is, I don't know), the bar for changing something so common in the syntax has to be set very very high. It may be something we can't change even if it's for a good reason.

-Steve