On 18/04/2012 13:34, Paul wrote:
I bought the book and am trying to patiently learn this language. I follow
various
tutorials here and around the web that frequently won't compile. I suspect it
has
something to do with D1/D2/Phobos/Tango and not just really poor unvetted
tutorials. It
would really be helpful if those providing references, code snippets,
tutorials, etc
clearly identify the context (i.e D1/D2/Phobos/Tango). I just think it would
help
accelerate the spread and acceptance of this language if more of the code
worked as listed.
<snip>

Even the particular version of (DM)D in which it has been tested, given how much the language has been changing. There have been language-level changes to D2 very recently, and bug 1824 is one of probably many that still need to be dealt with before it can stabilise.

Stewart.