On 09/06/2012 12:07 AM, Russel Winder wrote:

I am guessing this is interfacing to CPython, remember there is also
PyPy and ActiveState, they have different ways of doing things.  Well
the ActiveState C API will be very close to the CPython C API, but PyPy
(which is the best Python 2.7 just now) doesn't have a C API since it is
written in RPython.

Yep, CPython for now. If activestate supports the CPython C API, then supporting it will probably just be a matter of linkage.

Googling, it looks like PyPy is/was trying to grow some CPython C API compatibility, so hopefully we can squeeze it in at some point.

Oh yes.

NumPy is basically a subsystem that Python applications make calls into.
Although the data structure can be accessed and amended, algorithms on
the data structures should never be written in Python, they should
always be function calls into the NumPy framework.

I had a look at numpy, and at least ndarray supports the new style buffer interface (which is pretty freaking complicated), so convertion is totally doable. I'll fold in support as soon as I can get dmd to stop stabbing me in the face.

just used your scons fork to build the pyd embedded unittests. works pretty nice