Dear,

I am looking to parse efficiently huge file but i think D lacking for this purpose. To parse 12 Go i need 11 minutes wheras fastxtoolkit (written in c++ ) need 2 min.

My code is maybe not easy as is not easy to parse a fastq file and is more harder when using memory mapped file.

I do not see where i can get some perf as i do not do many copy and i use mmfile. fastxtoolkit do not use mmfile and store his result into a struct array for each sequences but is is still faster!!!

thanks to any help i hope we can create a faster parser otherwise that is too slow to use D instead C++