On Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 04:37:16 UTC, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
enforce(cond, "failure");

really should just translate to something close to

if(!cond) throw new Exception("failure");

but it doesn't do anything close to that. And as long as it doesn't, enforce is of questionable value in any code that cares about efficiency.

- Jonathan M Davis

As a workaround, I'm sure we could specialize enforce without lazy for built-in types?

BTW: Why *is* enforce lazy again? I don't really see it. I makes more sense for things like "collectException" I guess, but I don't see it for enforce.