On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 14:52:17 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 11:42:35 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
For example, windows headers do use C++ &-references in function signatures and msdn provides code examples using that convention, the equivalent in D is ref.

But that's extern(C++), not extern(C)...

I guess my confusion came about because in the page about interfacing with C, there's a static array example where parameters are given in terms D understands:

extern (C)
{
  void foo(ref int[3] a); // D prototype
}

I guess D has no problem translating that into a simple pointer that C can deal with. I assumed the same would be true of dynamic arrays, but maybe the leap is too far?